Emerging Researchers in Ageing (ERA) 2017 Annual Conference:
To be held 4th – 5th July 2017
(before the British Society of Gerontology Annual Conference, from the 5th – 7th July)
Centre for Innovative Ageing
University of Swansea, Bay Campus
Call for Abstracts for the ERA Conference
This year, the annual ERA pre-BSG conference event includes:
- Tuesday, July 4th (13:00 - 17:30): Insights into the Publication Process:- a keynote address by Professor Christina Victor, Professor of Public Health & Vice-Dean Research, Brunel University and Editor of Ageing & Society, followed by a workshop and panel: “Insights into the Publication Process”
- Wednesday July 5th (9am - 11:00): Call for Papers: Ageing Matters:- an opportunity for early career researchers to present their research.
The aim of the ERA pre-BSG annual conference event is to provide the space and opportunity for emerging researchers in ageing to experience meaningful participation and active engagement with their peers. The ERA event is your chance to talk with and listen to your peers, to share ideas and issues, and to practise presenting your research. It is an opportunity for reflection within a supportive environment.
Pre-conference attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Share their interest in/passion for ageing research
- Engage with other students and early career gerontologists
- Present work to a supportive group of peers
Opportunities for professional development at this event include: keynote address and workshop on insights into the publication process from the editors of Ageing & Society, the opportunity to present your research, and networking.
The Annual Conference of the British Society of Gerontology
follows the ERA conference, beginning at 11.45am on Wednesday 5th July 2017.
- Abstract Submission Deadline (ERA conference): 31st March 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of ERA Abstracts: 2nd April 2017
- Please note that if you would also like to attend the BSG Annual Conference, Early Bird Registration for this closes on 3rd April 2017: you can register here or by visiting http://www.swansea.ac.uk/bsg17/accommodationandregistration/ . You are very welcome to attend the ERA conference even if you are not attending the BSG Annual Conference
- Registration for ERA Annual Conference: as early as possible by completing the registration form below and where applicable, paying the registration fee (free to BSG members, £50 to non-members)
- Final registration dates for both ERA and the BSG Annual Conferences: 12th June 2017
- ERA Annual Conference 4th – 5th July 2017
- Presentation of ERA Papers: 9am – 11am: 5th July 2017
- British Society of Gerontology Annual Conference: 5th – 7th July 2017
Call for Abstracts for the ERA Conference:
If you would like the opportunity to present your research at the ERA conference, you are invited to submit an abstract for presentation of no more than 250 words with sufficient detail to allow the ERA Committee to judge the merit of the submission. Presentations will take place on Wednesday 5th July 9am – 11am in parallel sessions. The abstracts can be on any theme related to ageing or ageing populations from any discipline, and should highlight your research.
All abstracts will be reviewed by the ERA Committee
Name and affiliation. (name, affiliation, position, contact information)
Abstracts word limit is 250 words
- Keywords (max 3)
Abstracts should be sent as an attachment and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. A confirmation of receipt e-mail will be sent to you soon after your submission.
Please refer to the Meeting Programme for more information.
To register for the ERA Conference: Ageing Matters, please return the registration form below to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and where applicable, please pay the registration fee of £50 via the PayPal Link below, remember BSG Members are free!